Wednesday, December 15, 2010

AGU Fall Meeting 2010

To give you an idea of the scope, this is about a quarter of
the poster hall.  There's a total of about 2400 posters per day.
Hey everyone, most of the CCLDAS team is now at the American Geophysical Union's Fall Meeting.  To give you an idea of the scope of this conference there were 14,000 attendees in 2007 (according to Wikipedia it's the largest annual scientific conference in the world).  I've been cruising around the conference checking out posters and going to talks and its been very exhausting with the sheer amount of information that you get bombarded with at this conference (not to mention that it happens every year during finals week so I'm always sleep deprived from final projects and studying).  There hasn't been a whole lot on the moon just yet at the conference, big day is tomorrow, there are talks all day on the moon, so I'll give an update on that after it happens.

Me in front of my poster with soda in hand ready to explain
how our accelerator works and what we're working on now.
On another note, I actually presented my poster today and there was a significant amount of interest in the dust accelerator.  Usually people just want to know what a dust accelerator is so I only get to talk about the left third or so of my poster but this time there were a bunch of people who were also excited at the other things we've been doing, like signal filtering to get better accuracies in measurements.  I was planning on standing by the poster for 2 hours at the conference and ended up talking for almost 4.5 hours straight!  I'll make sure to take more photos as the conference goes on and they'll all be up on the flickr account sometime this or next week.
Shu

No comments:

Post a Comment