Monday, April 23, 2012

Scanning Electron Microscope Pictures

Hi Everyone,

Sorry again for taking so long.  I've been away for a while (in Heidelberg, Germany playing with their accelerator) and working hard at getting scanning electron microscope (SEM) pictures of the craters I'm making with the accelerator.  So without further ado, here's some of the pictures I've taken.  I'm trying to get images of craters and then tilting the image to make a stereo pair and reconstructing a 3D model of the crater.  Enjoy!


Embedded iron particle in Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) 
Crater in PVDF
Also I'll be doing training to be able to use the Focused Ion Beam (FIB), which is essentially the same thing at the SEM but it can also cut samples and build up structures!
Image of a crater taken in a FIB

The same crater as above but with a cross section cut out


Shu

No comments:

Post a Comment